Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem refreshing pivot in seperate worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

password

MIS
Mar 21, 2000
GB
Hi

I have some code running under the Worksheet_Change function in object Sheet1 in a workbook. This code updates cells in sheet1 when data is pasted into sheet1. This works fine.

As a result of changes to sheet1 (occuring when user pastes data) I want the Pivot tables in sheet2 to refresh automatically (these pivot table summarise the data in sheet1).

I tried adding code directly to my code in Sheet1 object but got the error message saying 'subscript out of range'. Am guessing I cannot reference Sheet2 when I'm in the Sheet1 object???

I also tried adding this 'refresh' code to a module and then calling it from the code in Sheet1 object but again get 'subscript out of range'.

Where can I put this code to get it to work?

Cheers

Nick

Where can I put this code to get it to work
Which code ....?
Brute force method:
Application.Calculate

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Hi

"Which code?" is a another question I need answering but I was trying.

WorkSheet("Sheet2").Activate
ActiveWorksheet.RefreshAll

Just tried your Application.Calculate suggestion but pivots did not refresh.

Nick

Hi

"Which code?" is a another question I need answering but I was trying.

ActiveWorksheet.RefreshAll

Just tried your Application.Calculate suggestion but pivots did not refresh.

Nick

Replace this:
By this:
WorkSheet[highlight]s[/highlight]("Sheet2").Activate

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

PH

Frustrating, but correct. Thanks for the pointer.

Regards

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back