Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem reconnecting mapped LAN drive at logon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottman2

Programmer
Jun 26, 2001
US
I have a shared folder on a NT 4.0 Server running Sp6. I have several workstation that are mapped to this drive. Originally mapped using Windows Explorer and I had checked "reconnect at logon". When each person boots up, they get a error at log on "An error ocurred while connecting H:" "The network name cannot be found". This happens before their logon script completes. The mapping of the h: drive is not part of the logon script. After the logging in completes, ther person can open Windows Explorer, the h: drive will have red x on the icon. The person can click on the h drive and the red x goes away and everything is fine. All workstation are running Windows NT 4.0 sp6.

I wanted to avoid putting in the mapping of drive in their logon script.

I'm having the same problem. I thought there was a command you could use to delay the mappings until all the other startup services started...thereby preventing the "network name cannot be found" error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Perhaps a small batch file, to run at startup, with the SLEEP command used (NTRESKIT) for say 30 seconds

eg
sleep30
net use H: \\server\share /persistent:no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back