Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem programming voicemail (PC Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adillo303

Technical User
Mar 29, 2010
US
I have a PACS R6.0 system in which is installed a PC card voicemail.

The customer is having problems in that sometimes when a caller transfers to an extension, they get a repeating message "Your call is being transferred to the receptionist."

I am trying to check the programming in the voicemail. I dial 777 and when asked for the extension I enter 0# and I get "Your call is being transferred to the receptionist". I never get a chance to enter a password.

Anyone seen this? Have I missed something? Is there a way to reset the PC card?

Thank You

Andy

I assume you checked to make sure only extensions 78 & 79 are assigned to hunt group 7.

The card can be reset to defaults. Login to mailbox 0, enter your password, then dial 9998925327. A voice prompt will confirm that you want to reset to factory defaults. Give it a few minutes to complete.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Yes, I did that and checked that all the lines are assigned to the VM. The system has 10 lines 7 are VMS cover and 3 auto attendant, if that helps.

I get the enter extension prompt, I enter 0# then never get a chance to enter a password. I just get "your call is being transferred to the receptionist".

You might have an older release card. Enter 0 + password in one string.

Only the AA allows transferring directly to an extension. The lines assigned VMS Cover are being answered by the mailbox greeting of the line owner. To transfer to an extension from a mailbox you have to dial *8 + extension number.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Thank you for your post.

I tried 0and the password, right after I entered the 0, I got "your call is being transferred to the receptionist".

I was aware of the VMS cover operation, I was just adding information and wondering if it would help anyone.

Also, if it helps, the system used to have an old partner mail (External Box) that failed.

Try 99# for extension, I don't think you really have a pc mail. I think you have a pmvs mail

If you have an extension that is programmed with voice mail coverage but does not have a voice mail box assigned, when you transfer to that extension after your coverage rings that you have set in #320, you get "Your call is being transferred to the receptionist." Is it possible that maybe your mailboxes for those extensions got deleted some how?

I agree that the card is corrupt. It is the most sensible explanation. I am just wondering if there is a way to reset it to defaults if you cannot log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back