Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem printing web pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHUK

Programmer
Nov 30, 2002
GB
Hi

For some time now I have been able to print all documents including internet web pages. However recently I downloaded a disk for my ISP and since then have not been able to print web pages. I can still print normal word documents, spreadsheets etc, just nothing on the web.

When I am on any web page and I click print, an error message box comes up saying:
---------------
"An Error has occured in the script on this page
Line: 93
Char: 1
Error: Access is Denied
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page
Yes or No"
-------------

That is the error message and clicking yes or no does not make any difference.

Please can anyone tell me what has happened and how it is possible to resolve this. The printer itself is fine as I can print any documents just not web pages. I have had a thorough look in all settings and cannot see anything that relates to printing off web. Although there may be some settings that I have not checked so need to be sure.

Thank you very much for any help.

MHUK

Thinking that someone searching this archive in the future might also want to benefit from the result:

The program is called Divago Surfairy and was designed as a Browser Helper Object (BHO) that would detect events, create windows to display additional information on a viewed page, and monitor messages and actions.

This program has a known problem when it comes to printing Web pages, especially using the Print Preview feature. It doesn't help that the creator Divago seems to have gone out of business.

To resolve this problem you will need to remove Surfairy by following these steps - click Start and then click Run. Type 'c:\program files\surfairy\uninstall.exe', and then press Enter. Now simply follow the instructions that appear on your screen and Surfairy will be uninstalled.

An alternative method that may work if you would rather keep Surfairy is to disable third-party browser extensions in Internet Explorer. To do this start Internet Explorer and on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, or go to Control Panel then select Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab and click on the box marked Enable Third-Party Browser Extensions (Requires Restart). Click Apply and then click OK.

Hello..I am also having trouble with this error message.

"An Error has occured in the script on this page
Line: 93
Char: 1
Error: Access is Denied
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page
Yes or No"
-------------

I have gone through the 2 steps listed putting 'c:\program files\surfairy\uninstall.exe'in my run....my computer tells me: My computer cannot find this program etc....

Also tried disabling 3rd part browser extentions..This didn't work either..
Is there anything else I can do?

try a program called bho demon, it at least disables the bho's

Thx captlid..I will try it and let you know...
By the way, the message came up when I was trying to print a "jewel case" (cd cover) in Real Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back