Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem printing Report on HP Laserjet 5si

Status
Not open for further replies.

KVink

Programmer
Nov 2, 2000
NL
I'm having problems printing a specific report on a HP Laserjet 5 si PCL 5.

It's a report with different pictures. One of the pictures causes the application to crash. If I print the same report on a HP laserjet 4 (for example) there's no problem at all. The crash is caused by a general protection fault in the printer-driver HPBLEBC.DRV. I can't find any difference between the contents and the way the (good and bad) pictures were made. Is there a way to find out what CR7 is sending to the printer (kind of logging). The pictures were scanned. edited, saved ,etc. in Paint Shop Pro 6.

First make sure that you have the latest print driver for this printer.

Does the HP4 have more memory than the HP5?

Can it print the same picture from PaintShop? Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

HP4 has 2 Mb memory. HP5 has 4 Mb.

Printing the picture with PSP6 is not a problem.

Picture-size (gif) is about 90 Kb. So that shouldn't be the problem.

I would still check for a newer printer driver. CR can be flaky with older drivers in general. Otherwise I can't think of anything. I assume that the report is fine on this printer if you delete the image? Ken Hamady

Yes, the report is OK without the trouble-picture.
I already downloaded the latest driver from HP and will try to find out if this is the answer to my problem. But still the strangest thing is that there is no (visible) difference between all of the pictures and one is bad and the others OK.

Strange. But there must be some visible difference, or else you would just use the good picture instead of the bad one.
Ken Hamady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back