Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem printing Minion font

Status
Not open for further replies.

GStoneBD

Technical User
Sep 13, 2006
US
Hi to all,

I'm having trouble in Quark 6.5 printing a newsletter containing the font called Minion. Our printer is the HP4700dtn. I've used this font for years and it is throughout my newsletter template. All of a sudden, it will not print as "white" on a dark background. However, it will print as any other color on the dark background. (Printing colored Minion text on a light background is also fine.)

I've already established a standard in my newsletter. I have figured out that I can trick the printer to print the Minion text as colored as 1% of black, but I would like to figure out the problem for the future.

Does anybody have an idea of how I may correct this problem? (I have tried making the FontDownloadingXT and FontRetreiveXT inactive.)

I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks, Greg

Hi GStoneBD
I don't know why one font would refuse to be printed as white on black.
Is this the only font that gives you the problem? Have you started with another font as white on black and then change to Minion?
Maybe you could try going to Edit, Colors and create another color and name it "New White" or something and choose whatever type color you are working with and just make it White.
Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

Is it possible that when you hightlight the text - check your trap setting - its possible that this type is set to overprint and not knockout. I see sometime on files that we receive.

Go to window > Show Trap Information.

Highlight the text what is the text trap set to in the Trap Information box?

info@prepress-online.com

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back