Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem printing from a DOS program through 2000 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

2boys2many

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
I have a network running 2 machines with 2000 Pro and 3 machines running Win 98. All run printing service through one of the 2000 machines. I have a DOS program which requires that soft fonts be loaded just before it can print the specific form. I get an error and it won't print. All normal printing works OK. Any suggestions?

When you installed the printer on the 98s did you indicate that the DOS programs will be using this device? (radio buttons)

Also, have you looked to see if the program has other printers available that do not require font uploads?

I just upgraded the machine that printing is running through from 98 to 2000. When all machines were 98 I had no problem getting the fonts loaded. Since I put 2000 Pro on I cannot get the fonts loaded.

There is no other printer available and the 98 machine is set correctly.

Do I need to load a 98 printer driver on my 2000 pc?

i ALWAYS INSTALL THE PRINT6 DRIVER FOR A NETWORK PRINTER ON EVERY MACHINE THAT WILL PRINT TO THE NETWORK PRINTER AND THEN IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

When using a Network printer you must capture a Printer port before it will print correctly. Have a look at the printer settings for the printer and capture LPT2 port to this printer. Restart your machine and then try printing again. This should help.

Oops, my mistake, I read it wrong. I thought you had the print device on 98. I'll agree with gpalmer711's suggestion to capture the port and try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back