Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem printing after Quark and Mac upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

basstub

Technical User
May 28, 2005
US
Help please!
I was able to print Quark documents on my old Mac, running
Quark 3.31 and OS 8.6, with a Lexmark Optra E310 printer.

I have bought a new Powerbook and am running Quark 6.0 and OS 10.3.7 and when I try to print Quark documents, all the printer lites start flashing, which is a message to contact the manufacturer- who has been unable to help.

Other documents print fine.

Thanks for your help!

Did you update the printer driver to an OSX version?

Yes- I updated the printer driver to OSX. Other programs' documents print fine - it is a problem in Quark (which is unfortunately 90% of the documents I need...).
Appreciate your help!

I have bought a new Powerbook and am running Quark 6.0 and OS 10.3.7

Is this part of the joke? Why are you not patched to 6.5? While updating may not solve this particular problem, it solves a whole lot more that you have not yet found.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

No joke. This should work and I want to get it to work.
Any other thoughts?

No joke? Other thoughts? Did you miss the part about updating 6.0?

Patch your software before trying to fix this printing issue!

Supposing that you get the printing figured out immediately, you are still using a buggy 6.0 release. The updates to 6.0 resolved many issues that you should work out before attempting to resolve this print issue.

You might also try updating to OSX 10.3.9

The first step to any troubleshooting is to be certain that you are fully patched.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back