Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Opening New ASP.NET project in VS.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimandja

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
In Visual Studio.NET Enterprise Architect, I want to create a New Project -> ASP.NET Web Application. Among other things, the error message says "Could not find a web server at 'localhost' on port 80".

Trying to fix this, I attempt starting the World Wide Web service. I get another error that reads in part "Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified".

Can someone help me open an ASP.NET project in VS.NET?

What OS are you using?

Read faq855-1628 it may help That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

If you are using a proxy server as a LAN gateway, make sure to tick the 'Bypass proxy for local addresses' tickbox in the Internet Options of your browser. Otherwise localhost cant be found.

Zarcom, I'm using Windows XP Pro.

MacB, my PC is connected to internet through my home Cable TV/Internet modem. Anyway, to check 'Bypass proxy for local addresses', I must also check 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' and possibly fill out Address and Port - of which values I am not sure of.

This problem occurs whenever I try to Open (Create) a New Web Page project. It happened both in VB and C#. It will not open the project.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

If you're not using a proxy, just ignore my comments. Sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back