Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem on split db trying to link to wrong backend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs2nd

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
US
I split a db and it work fine for a while had some problems
with the ldb file not releasing, and one table was corruted

so I copied all of it into a new db(named something diff) and rebuilt the corrupted tbl from scratch.Then I split it. it links trys to link to the old back end... I looked at MsysObjects table and it shows under the "database" field
the link to the old BE. Any way to fix this (it will not let me change the path stored.)because I would like to put new FrontEnds on the users machines but not if I have to go to each one and de-link from the wrong back end path and then link to the new back end.

I've tried this twice (creating a new db and importing
everything) same result.. What in !@$##@ I am I doing wrong
it is probably something simple but being hardhead I just don't "see" it

thank in advance for any suggestions.

Jim

Put the new database in the same directory as the old. Rename the old on e something like MyOldDB.mdb. Rename the new with exactly the same name as the old one.

To prevent the *.lbd release problem, make sure all users have read, write, create and delete rights to the directory where the DB is.

Databaseguy,

Thanks, Made all the difference! not sure what I was thinking!!..forest for the trees kind of thing... I guess

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back