Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem on Pc server using Windows XP keeps REBOOTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyren

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
SG
i need some advices on my server pc due to the pc keeps on rebooting itself...continuously....i need help...in any way to eliminate this rebooting process.. i'm using windows XP.. this pc acts as a virtual server as i setup cold fusion server on this pc... i didnt do anythin to this pc... as i'm using another pc to edit on my layout as i keep running on the other pc (server) so dat i could edit and test out on the virtual drive.. i did some patches on welchia and blaster worm...i try to rescan... on both pcs...and all are harmless...then today happens dat the server keeps on rebooting itself.... any steps on how to setup or remove the processs without entering desktop becos.. the server pc keeps on rebooting without reaching to desktop mode..i couldnt access to the desktop.. so anyone help? [pc3]

well here is a quick answer--> you tried to look at the process and see if you see msblas.ex running on there? if so you got that wildly distributed virus ms32.blaster type thing./..

hope this helps!

Hold down the left Ctrl key while starting and you should see the menu to choose Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, etc.

If your computer is restarting that quickly on startup it is usually an indication that your registry is corrupted. See the following for repair advice:
But first:

1. Try 'Last Known Good', or using a Restore Point in Safe Mode first if possible.

2. In Recovery Console (by booting with the XP CD and choosing the first R(epair) optiion you see, try a:

chkdsk /r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back