Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem making changes to report "exclusive access" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

latitude800

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2006
US
I have 4 different reports that use the same SQL tables Links. I have a problem when I try to make changes to the report 1 and is a user in report 2 I get a message saying "I need exclusive access to make those changes" The report are not even connected share the same table but nothing else. How can I make those changes without conflicing access to other reports. All reports has the same problem if someone is in the database I cannot make changes at all. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Jimmy,

Good development practices suggest that you don't make changes in delivered applications. You should have a development front-end mdb that you work on. When you are ready to deploy the mdb, you copy it to users.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back