Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Macro - Impromptu OpenCatalog Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuhbar

Technical User
May 14, 2002
DE
Hi experts:

I use a macro to open a catalog with Impromptu. Therefore I use the OpenCatalog Method with the Impromptu Object. As I read in the Cognos Script help there are two parameters ([AccManSignonName], [AccManPassword]) to pass on the Authentication for the Accessmanager.
In my case, if I write the following, an error occurs:

objImpApp.OpenCatalog "catalog.cat","Creator",,"DB_ID","DB_PW",-1,, "Administrator", "Admin"

According to these lines the parameters ([AccManSignonName], [AccManPassword]) are set to "Administrator", "Admin".

I use the Cognos 7 MR2 Version.

What is wrong ?

Thanks
f.

fuhbar,
you need a full path to the catalogue.
lex

soi la, soi carre

I already have a full path, but I did not mentioned it. Sorry.

If I do not use the two parameters , the macro runs well.

Any further suggestions?

Solved by support (in 2h)!

The method "OpenCatalog" does not support the mentioned parameters. So the actual script help (7.1 MR2) is not correct.

To use the parameters you have to use the method "OpenCatalogEx". This is not documented!. There also could be some errors, if you use a different user class than "Creator".

f.

Hi fuhbar,

I have a same problem with opencatalog method. The statement run correctly in Impromptu administration but not in Impromptu User version.

Do you know a exact syntax on this undocumented methode (OpenCatalogEx).

In fact, I use and other class then creator.

Thank's.

I'm sorry, I don't use AccessManager. I suppose it doesn't the same error but I have one.

Gilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back