Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem logging out of SCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Jul 12, 2000
CA
I have script that is startting apps on SCO<br>but my problem is when I exit application<br>the script is not logging out users from SCO.<br>What it does is ether i see last screen from my<br>application or the cursor is just flashing.<br>This is a last few lines of my script that is starting<br>application.<br><br>dfrun<br>esac<br>echo $clear<br>exit<br><br>What am I missing here so it will logout users from SCO<br><br>Thanks for any help<br><br>

Is this script run from the users' .profile? If so, do you have an 'exit' at the end of the .profile?

If you don't, the exit in your script will quit from the shell that is running your script, returning control to the login shell.

If you put an exit in the .profile after it calls your script it will force the login shell to quit as well.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back