Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem logging into netware 6.5 from mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

heado

MIS
May 14, 2004
IE
Hi,

I have just upgraded 2 netware 5.1 servers to 6.5. I thought that 6.5 was very compatible with mac OS 9 or OSX but it doesnt seem to be as straight forward as I thought. I am tring to log into the 6.5 server from a mac. I go connect to server and enter in smb://serveripaddress and select my volume to connect to and try to log in using a test user I have set up but no luck.
I am getting the error "an error has occurred (error = -36)" or I get error -5023. I ahve looked this up and it say something about the afp users not authorized.
On the login screen where I enter in username and password it says log into server "server_name-W:" I dont know where it gets the -W from or if that may be some of the problem?

I have enabled universal password on the netware server.

Thanks

You could install the Native File Access Pack (comes with Netware 6.5) - your volumes would appear as an Appleshare IP server.

The '-W' is the default naming convention for CIFS (native access from windblows). I don't believe it uses that name for Apples.

I think your problem has to do with NMAS. I can't give you much more than that, but look at this TID and see if you can find anything that you have configured differently than what they recommend...

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back