Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem loading external SWF files

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott123456789

Programmer
Apr 3, 2010
GB
Hi,

I am fairly new to AS3 so I am hoping that my problem is a silly mistake that is easily solved. However, I have tried everything I can think of and tried searching around forums for a solution for hours and hours. I've had to learn a lot of ActionScript of my final year uni project and time is running out. This is pritty much the last thing I need to do on development.

My problem: I am trying to load an external SWF into my project, I am pretty sure that my code is fine but when I try to display the SWF all I get is an instance of my StartPage movie clip. The code for the loader has not mention or even any relation to this movieclip! I have the loader in a class file for a separate movieclip, but no matter where I put the code I get the same result. I cannot understand why this is happening!

I tried loading the same external SWF into a different project, and it worked fine!!!!!!

Is this a common problem? I haven't managed to find anyone online with the same problem.

Please could someone advise of a possible solution? I am happy to post my code, but as there is so much I am unsure what would be relevant.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Many Thanks

Scott

Hi,

Post a link to your actionscript files, it would make it easier to check.
To be honest I don't know which part is relevant, because it could be alot of things.

"My problem: I am trying to load an external SWF into my project, I am pretty sure that my code is fine but when I try to display the SWF all I get is an instance of my StartPage movie clip. The code for the loader has not mention or even any relation to this movieclip! I have the loader in a class file for a separate movieclip, but no matter where I put the code I get the same result. I cannot understand why this is happening!"

I can't understand what this means. Take a deep breath and explain thoroughly, please. You're trying to load and display a SWF A, but instead it displays movieclip B, which is embeded in your main SWF ?
Are you using the Loader class or the SWFLoader component ?

Also, in the future, don't post here, post in actionscript.com or Adobe forums and you'll get an answer quickly.

Regards,

Filipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back