Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem loading an external image into flash 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAINCJ1

Technical User
Mar 30, 2003
GB
external jpg problem.
I am having problems loading an extenal jpg in the same folder as my  site file into flash 5 into a draggable mc called 'draggable'.
I can create a draggable mc called 'draggable'.
Within that I have another mc called 'slide' (what I will want the external jpg to load into) on a seperate layer from the graphics that make up the draggable window.
Everything works up to this point.
Do I give the mc 'slide' an action to load the external jpg? or the layer 'slide' is in?
I have been puzzling over the right code to write to get the external jpeg 'CH1_1.jpg' to load into the mc 'slide'

Anybody

i haven't tried that with flash 5 yet but as much as i know
for flash 5 you have to use some macromedia-software called "generator" (i read that in a flash-book)

if you can in some way organize MX you have to use the loadMovie-command to load the jpg into the clip.
use the name of the clip you want the picture to be loaded in as target.
(e.g. loadMovie("myimage.jpg",
it should work just as if loaded a normal .swf-file into the clip.

at any rate you have to be aware that the jpg MUST NOT be saved in progressive mode. if so it won't load. can't tell you why, just read that in the same flash-book.

sorry for not being able to give any better news regards

Firegambler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back