Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem linking Foxpro tables in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacant

Technical User
Aug 5, 2001
GB
Hello again

As I said, I'm having the above problem on an XP SP2 machine. I have a directory of dbf files Im trying to link in Access 2003 SP3 (Msjet40.dll v4.0.8618.0)

In admin tools I created the new odbc data source, choosing:

Microsoft Foxpro VFP Driver (*.dbf)
Database type: Free Table Directory
Option: Select directory containing free tables

On browsing to the Directory all the contents are listed. The only remaining option available is: Fetch data in background, and this option is checked. I press ok thinking everything in the world is peachy

Back in Access when I then try to link to this newly created source it only lists about half of the files.

Any clues as to why this should be? The directory only contains foxpro dbf files, so why would they not be all available? On another XP SP2 machine running Office 2007 I don't have this problem.

Of course it helps if you have the index files in the directory as well as the dbf files

d'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back