Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Linking Access Tables to Sharepoint Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakehips2000

Programmer
Nov 10, 2003
GB
Our company has an intranet which I'm told is based on an evaluation version of Sharepoint (unsure as to how long ago). Although I have access to the design/content interface of the intranet, I currently don't have any access to the Sharepoint platform behind it.

The problem lies in an Aceess 2003 database which has tables linked to the intranet's "lists". 9 times out of 10 the data from the intranet displays correctly when viewed from within the Access table. However, when I run a series of Access append/update queries utilising Access VBA code lying behind a form button, the resultant data is incomplete. It's almost as if Query1 hasn't quite finished appending its data to Table1 before Query2 starts trying to retrieve data from Table1 to perform its own append to Table2. However, the weird part is that if I run the exact same piece of code a second time a few minutes later, all runs perfectly OK and all the data appears as it should.

I've tried various workarounds including forcing a refresh of the linked tables and the inclusion of a VBA "DoEvents" statement after each Execute statement so as to "pause" the code until the query completes. All to no avail.

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem and is there a solution? I've worked with Access and VBA for nearly 15 years and not experienced this before when linking to conventional external back-end ODBC datasources. This is, however, the first time I've worked with linking to Sharepoint lists.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back