Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem installing SQLConsole 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarr56

Technical User
May 21, 2002
US
I had SQLConsole (7.6) installed on my previous desktop computer (Win98) but the computer was replaced & the OS is Windows 2000 Pro and now I can't figure out how to install SQLConsole. I tried following the wizard but must have screwed up some of my choices because it won't contact the database on my server. I do the install but can't figure out this part. I get a message saying, "Would you like to create a local SQLConsole database?" I say OK. Another box appears called Create SQLConsole database. This has: Local server name: server1 and password:_________. Yes No. I choose Yes. Next, a message saying "Connecting to the SQLConsole Repository" and then "Could not connect to SQLConsole Database." Is the local server name supposed to be my PC name or a made up name or what? How do I create that local database on my PC? I could find no references to the "SQLConsole Repository" any place in the manual or the help. What is it?
I want to set up database maintenance from my desktop instead of going to SQLTalk on the server? (I want the backups to go to my desktop hard drive.)
Please help.

I have encountered this error before. In the SQL.INI file, remove the "DBNAME=" lines from the [dbnt1sv] section. Save it and try again. This should fix the problem without re-installing SQLConsole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back