Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Installing SBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBJOHNSEN

Technical User
Dec 27, 2007
US
Here is my situation:
At work we have installed SBT as a client succesfully on three computers. We have done the same thing each time without any major problems. We use SBT pro series 5.0i, Build 709.

Then we came to the fourth and final computer. We go through the same steps as usual, which include putting the CD into the computer, double clicking on SETUP.exe, agreeing to the license agreement, clicking on "client," clicking next, and this is where the hangup comes:

When we get to the "Choose Destination Location," we clicked next, using the default location as we did before. This default location is: c:\pro50\

But when we click next a Warning window comes up that reads:

"No Installation of SBT Pro Series was found in this directory."

We click okay and we are still on the Choose Destination Folder screen. We can go no further without receiving this warning.

All our computers are on the same network and this problem is presenting itself only on this fourth computer. We use Windows XP Pro.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

DKK

Is there not a Workstation Install directory on your Server?

Generally you want to install off the network, then, when they ask where your files are point at the root directory of your system files.

At least this is how 6.0 works. I don't really recall version 5 just now but I thought it was the same.

Good luck.

Landisa is absolutely correct.

This process is the same in SBT Version 5

Edgar
Integrated Bar Code Systems, INC.

PS I don't understand how it had worked prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back