Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem installing Remote Console on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnaotco

Technical User
Nov 10, 2004
GB
Hello,
I've got a problem during the install of the Netbackup Remote Administration Console 5.1 on a XP station.
The error message is : "Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab'required for this installation is corrupted and cannot be used."
It referenced also a possible network error but I installed again the 4.5 console and I can reach my Netbackup server without any problem.
I also tried to install it on another PC on which any netbackup products hadn't ever been installed and I've got the same problem. We've got the same issue with another installation package.

Is there someone who experienced the same issue or know how to solve it ?
Thank you in advance.

Ben

It must be a XP "Professional"

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

We are using an XP professionnal SP2. We tried as normal user and as administrator. We also tried on a Windows2000pro with the same issue...

Did you do a complete uninstall of any AND all NetBackup instances and reboot prior to the new install?

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Yes, on we also tried on a new pc where no Netbackup product hadn't been previously installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back