Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem installing photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehjeh3711

Technical User
Jun 13, 2009
US
My hard drive recently got reformatted accidentally and I cannot install photoshop. I put the disk in however when I go to click the install everything freezes and explorer crashes. Can somebody please help me with this?

Did you successfully reload the same operating system after your reformat?

Does everything else work OK?

What version of Photoshop are you trying to load?

What operating system did you load?

Are you getting any error messages before the system freezes?

Any other info you can supply will help diadnose the problem.

sam

Ok, my C drive was accidentally re-formatted and I had to do a System Recovery from my D drive. I use Vista 32-bit OS and have been able to re-install other programs, but when I put in my adobe photoshop CS 8 I can see it in the drive, but when I try to open anything in the drive everything freezes up and windows explorer crashes.

Can you take a look in the event viewer to see if it logged any problems that may help figure out what's wrong?

Right Click My Computer on your desktop > choose manage > open the event viewer folder and click on the system folder to see the log files.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if nothing in the logs jump out at you; can you try to load PShop on another PC to ensure your disk is OK?

Ok, I guess I'm like the idiot who had problems with his computer and come to find out it wasn't plugged in! While putting the disk in for another try I found out that somebody had some kind of sticky substance on the disk! A little warm soapy watter and everything was fine.

Thank you for the help and sorry I wasted your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back