Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem installing Oracle Forms/Reports 6i on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

b3ar

Programmer
Feb 15, 2003
ZA
hi,

has anybody had experience installing Oracle Forms/Reports on a client machine that has Windows XP Pro. The installation freezes after the home selection/company name screen. Are there any pre-installation steps that i need to take?

thanks
santosh

No, you just need to downgrade to W2K :)
In fact it is only planned to certify 6i patch 13 on XP PRO. Regards, Dima

hi,

problem solved...
for some reason or the other 2 instances of winword.exe would start up with the installation and use up all available memory - once these processes where ended, the installation continued as normal.

if anybody can explain why this happens, i'd love to hear it.

thanks
santosh

Forms 6i client/server runtime is not certified for Windows XP. And Oracle recently announced that they will not certifing it for Windows XP.

Oracle has released Patch 13 for XP.
J have never problems to work with XP.

The first version of Forms/Reports to be certified for an XP install is Patchset 13. You can download it from MetaLink.

Note that the XP certification is for Forms/Reports development only. Oracle does not plan to certify Forms 6i for client/server runtime. (They would rather see you move to 9i web-forms).

But ... we are running Forms client/server on quite a few XP machines and having no problems.

Dave

Is there any Patchset for
Oracle9iDS for Windows XP

I installed Oracle9iDS
Unfortunatelly Forms/Reports not running
(on some PC it is OK, somewhere crashes at start)
(Designer is OK)

Any suggestions, because I have heard
the Forms/Reports for 9iDS are the same as Forms/Reports 6i

Thanks in advance,
Gatis

Where could I download the Patchset 13 from? I could install Oracle 6i Form Developer on Windows XP and it runs but there is an error message during the installation. I would like to apply the patchset if possible. Thanks.

Gatis: the main difference between Forms 6i and 9i is that 9i doesn't support client/server deployment (only Web).
Rainplanet: you may get it from Metalink

Regards, Dima

Dima, I don't have any Support Indentifier so I could not login to Metalink. Do they provide a public download link? Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately not. Patches is a part of support, that is not free. So the only way I see is to follow my first advice :-(

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back