Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Installing Oracle 9i Developer Suite on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

targis

Programmer
Nov 4, 2002
US
Just trying to install a trila version on my XP machine at home.

there is something called the net configuration
manager and its failing on Oracle 91/Developer Suite
disk 2 of 2 on the Configuration Tools Screen On the
Oracle Net Configuration Assistant. When it fails I think it
saves a generic tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora file that
are not complete and maybe some incomplete componets. I learned this from a help option and can see it in my tnsnames file. I may need these files from an
installation is that successful and not altered.
Otherwise I'm going to do some trial and error of
entering hosts and ports.

Has anyone seen this before?. I'm stuck because i can't even login to sql plus at this point to do anything.

May be the trial version is corrupted.
Delete all entries from register and delete all from the folder where you installed and try again

I did a restore on my xp machine back to a date previous to my install. it did delete all the files but am not sure if it cleared anything that may have been created in the registry.
Afterwards i did the install again and experienced the same problem.

This is where i stand at this point...i'm going to create a more specific thread next:

These are questions that i have and I'll copy the files below and write my questions above the file.

this is the error when logging into sql plus with scott/tiger and system/manager.

this is the tnsname.ora file. I had to write it from scratch because it wasn't generated and later the # Comments were added by Oracle at some point later when it was generated during some configuring.
I'm not sure if targis is my Host. During the process the listener file created it so I'm going with it as my host.
I'm including the service name as targis also. i think the service name is the global database name so i don't think its correct but noticed a similar pattern in a fourm.
How do you find out what the service name is???

Here is a link:

# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\OraHome1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

TARGIS =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = targis)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = targis)
)
)

# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\OraHome1\network\admin\listener.ora

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = targis)(PORT = 1521))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
)
)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = targis)
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\OraHome1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)

This is the sqlnet.ora file. I added the names default part out of seeing it in another example and once again am not sure about the targis part. (NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = targis)
How do you know what the default domain is?.

# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\OraHome1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = targis

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (LDAP, ONAMES, TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back