Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem installing MS Office 2004 on Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh39

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
Hi,

I've installed MS Office 2004 on several computers with no problem except this particular one. Right after I click on the accept button at the license agreement prompt, the installation ends. Nothing happens after that. It just quits without any indication. I've tried either using the Setup Assistant or dragging the Office folder to the Applications folder on hard drive, and the same problem still occurs. Where should I start to check for the problem? Thank you very much for any help or suggestion.

I've found out that only one user account (the Administrator) has problem installing and using Office. The other accounts don't have any problem at all, and when I have installed Office with another account, the Administrator can't even open any Office application.

Logged in with another admin account to delete the problematic one. Recreated the account - problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back