Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem installing Mirror/UX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambrook

Technical User
Jul 14, 2000
GB
I am trying to install Mirror/UX onto a D200 server (HPUX 11.00, and the March 2000 Applications Cd). I'm not sure if this problem is caused by Mirror/UX or SWINSTALL, but when I run the command:<br><br>swinstall B2491BA<br><br>(B2491BA being the name of the Mirror/UX file)<br><br>It just crashes out with the message &quot;ERROR There is no currently no software on host at location &quot;/var/spool/sw&quot;.<br><br>If I run the SWINSTALL command and bring up the menu, the package is not listed.<br><br>Can anybody help?<br><br>Thanks<br>Shambrook.

Try using swinstall in interactive mode.<br>swinstall -i<br><br>This way you can use the gui to locate the bundle.&nbsp;&nbsp;I assume the bundle is from a cd or from the hp site.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you created the bundle yourself that is probably the issue.<br><br>If from a cd or download from hp you should be able to point to the mounted device\path to find the correct bundle.<br><br>hth<br><br><br>

Shambrook:

The problem is quite easy, you need to have the code words to unlock the CD-ROM and load the software. swinstall, then browse the CD-ROM for mirror/UX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back