Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Installing CF8 on IIS on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyroad

Programmer
Feb 22, 2003
US
Hello,

I am trying to install CF8 developer on XP with IIS.

I have tried literally a dozen times and always the same result - when I go to

CFIDE/Administrator ( the .cfm is not parsed and the system tries to open the file with a text editor. If I try and hit the directory ( I get "Server Error" message.

1> I have IIS installed no problem with the default website settings and select 127.0.0.1 as it's IP, I have also tried once leaving "All Unassigned"

2> I have disabled and then went as far as uninstalling all antivirus, firewall etc before trying to install CF

3> I have tried removing myself from all access to LAN's, routers, wireless etc.

4> I have tried all three radio buttons on the install screen that comes up asking for a server configuration, and on the "specify" radio selection I have tried a few different configurations

5> I redownloaded the install thinnking that perhaps something was wrong with that

6> I even tried installing older version (MX) of CF bit same result.In the past (my last computer was Win 2000 Prof) I had no trouble... enabled IIS, left default settings, installed CF and just like that I was working. [hairpull2]

Any ideas on what the heck is going on or how I might correct this?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back