Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem installation a Visual Basic application on Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabeers

Programmer
Dec 3, 2001
US
When I try to install a Visual Basic 6.0 application I developed on a customers PC that has Windows 2000 it will go through the 1st part of the installation prompting the user that it will replace a couple of system files and then asks to reboot the system. After rebooting the system and I run SETUP again it starts over and will not proceed past the replacing of the system files. So the application never gets installed.
Is there anything I can do to install the application on Windows 2000. I installs just fine on Windows 95/98/XP.

Thanks for any help.

Bill

Are you installing while logged on as an administrator or a user with admin rights? 2000 requires this by default.

I think the problem is that the .DLL's that Visual Basic is trying to update are newer than the ones in use on the Windows 2000 system and Windows is not allowing me to replace the DLL's because they are in use - does that make since?

Bill

2000 should allow you to update the dll's but you must have admin rights to the local machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back