Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem inserting a page in middle of document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefulwriter

Technical User
Oct 26, 2007
US
My book document is ready to go except I need a page inserted after page 217 of a 300 page book and I will add text there so that Part V will start on the right hand side of the book, as all the other parts do. I have done the obvious after using some of the training I have found plus looked in forums but I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I go to the pages palette and highlight the page I want the blank page to come after. I don't want it to be threaded, as my pages after are exactly the way I want them, and the text and images get messed up when I insert. It always inserts two pages instead of one (I do Pages -- 1 -- insert -- after page 217 -- F Master). The new blank pages -- page 218 isn't threaded, but page 219 is threaded. Since I don't want anything to move I tried to delete page 219, but it just messes up everything and still shows. Is there a way to have the single page in the pages palette instead of the spreads? Would that make it easier to add just one page? Hope someone can figure this out.

...a bit off topic...

...for binding purposes, page calculation needs to be divisible by 4 in my experience, so to add only one page will ultimately mean adding 3 other pages somewhere else in the book, as 301 isn't divisible by 4, you need 304 pages so the book can actually be finished...

...this can sometimes mean adding two blank pages at the start or end of a book, as well as two pages in the document...

...of course, a sheet of paper is actually 2 pages (front and back), not one page...

Andrew

Actually you are right. I had text on most of my pages, but it is ending up as a 302 page book with two blank pages at the end, which makes it 304. Thanks for your observation.

Try just inserting the page marked NONE in the Pages Panel.

Layout>Insert Page>

Insert> After Page | Page Number

Master Page > None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back