Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem initializing a e*Gate Schema

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmaadg

Programmer
Aug 8, 2003
BR
When opening the schema, software hangs indefinetly at the following message: "Loading Schema". It´s happening only to one particular schema. The other one is working fine. What could be happening?

Hi,
This was happening to me. Ofcousre it was happening after I killed the E*gate manager in the task management. Then when I try to open the e*gate manager then it used to say "Loading the schema ..." and it never loaded [hanging]. It was due to a java program [editor program running when I saw it throgh the task management]. When I ended that program, it started working fine. In your case if this is happening at the first time itself then I think you need to reinstall the software.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
Good luck
ifxtechie

Sigmaadg.... We are currently experiencing the same problem, did anyone ever find a solution to this?

These schemas have never done this. And it it only happending for One schema, the other schemas attached to this registry host work fine...

We ended up deleting the RDB and the schema folder from the repository, and recreating the schema from a backup export I had taken the night before. This fixed the problem. Most likely the RDB had become corrupted, as we were also experience bad writes to the eGate registry errors before this occurred...

Because you may have killed the environment abruptly, your queues could have lost their pointers. You could qdump and qload each one or delete the ./egate/client/iq/* folders and the ./egate/client/NotificationQueue/schema_name* folder. I've had to do this for crashes in the past.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back