Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in using Preview VFP 6.0 and all SP's up to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamdon

Programmer
Dec 19, 2001
US
Has anyone had a problem like this?
Preview of a report with multiple calclulations and multiple pages, previews correctly 1st time thru but when scrolling back (with preview nav buttons)page 1 is all distorted showing multiple incidents of the same lines on the report on the page. First thought it was a video problem but the same thing happened on another machine -- kind of rules that out.

If the information is correct in your report, then I would try to reduce the color depth of the system and also try reducing the hardware acceleration on the display setting.

Thanks for the suggestion, will give that a try too.
Don

Do you have a suggestion when the totals are NOT correct going back to page 1???
Could be I didn't supply enough info also. Environment is
Vfp6, Vpme, Ms-Sql Backend, Windows ME.

>Do you have a suggestion when the totals are NOT correct going back to page 1???

Do you mean that when on page 1 the first time the totals are not correct or the second time around? What about when you print out the report?

Printing directly produces the correct information.
Preview - 1st time presents the correct information.
Scroll back to page 1 and the totals are incorrect.

Hope I said that correctly in answer to your reply.
Thanks again,
Don

Honestly, I'm not sure. I've never encountered that. How are your totals calculated? Variable? Totals in a group band?

I have found this to be an issue when creating the report also - the screen becomes distorted or objects diappear!

My way round it is to minimise the screen then maximise it again (ie force a refresh). This fixes it for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back