Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem in using blat/forwarding mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

RZUser

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
DE
We use NSM 3.1. To send messages we use blatm1.9.4. Sometimes no messages were forwarded. I stated that then also many CMD
processes are active in task managers, although no DOS box is opened.Knows somebody these problem or has a tip for me?

are you sure your messages are being sent? Check blat's logs (and the mailserver's logs) to make sure.

The extra cmd's in the process list are running in another context besides the desktop - most likely, caunint's context (if that's the account Event Management runs under). On the view menu of Task Manager, choose "Select Columns" and add the "User Name" field to see what context the cmd's are in.

When you call your batch file that contains blat, are you calling "cmd /c script.bat" or "cmd /k script.bat"? The first will allow the cmd session to end when all processing is finished; the second will leave it open. This option can be specified in the COMSPEC environment variable as well to make it the default action.

Hi,
thank you for your help.
The CMD-processes are all running under the context nsm_admin (we have changed caunint in nsm_admin).
The call for blat is inside a message record:
action=command, text=d:\blat\script.bat &node "text.."
The enviroment-variable ComSpec is c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe

Have you an idea?

regards
Erich

First thing to try is to edit d:\blat\script.bat and add

exit

at the end...

If that doesn't help, log in with the nsm_admin account and try running the script from a cmd session with

start d:\blat\script.bat dummyhost "text.."

This will allow you to see if it is failing, or having problems, or whatever....

Hi,
I think the problem is solved. I've changed the cmd-command in start /wait cmd..... After this the problem hasn't appeared any more.

Thank's for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back