Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in Optivity 9.2 and PP 8600

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomavv

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
IN
Hi All

I have installed Optivity 9.2 but unable to discover the network, the auto topology discovery stop responding at the end node discovery,I have tried with OIT for the version runningon the PP 8600 but the OIT was not available on the site so I installed for OIT of the last version.but still the same. please suggest

Mavvy

Mavvy

What code are you runnning on your PP8600. Known bug out 3.2 code doesn't play nice with Optivity 9.2

Cog

Mavvy

Well I believe that your problem. We are also running 3.2.2

Nortel is aware of this issue and the fix is to upgrade the code to atleast 3.3

Cog

Hi Cog:

thank you for confirming me the same. I was wondering as there was no OITs for 3.2.2 version and I was waiting for NOrtel to say me, that go for OS Upgrade.
Should I convey to Client to upgrade the OS from 3.2.2 to a higher version.

Regards

Mavvy

Mavvy,

Upgrading is your only solution if you wish to use Optivity 9.2. I would give your Nortel service Rep. a call so he can point you in the right direction. 3.3 code would probably do just fine, but you never know what enhancments the have added to 3.3.0 or above. Good luck

Cog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back