Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in Meridian PRI - D100 Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

philcap

Technical User
Jan 10, 2005
CA
Have you dealt with a carrier using NTNAPRI in a DMS 500 before. I tried D250 and then moved to D100. Both come back on the proto analyser and say that the Meridian is terminating the call since it does not understand/or like the message back from the DMS. The Dchnl is running fine but the B-channels are getting lockout after about 10 to 15 secs. I looked up NTNAPRI and it says it is the equivalent to D100 and/or D250, but.....just wondering if you've run into this proto and what supposedly the correct IFC to be used in the Meridian for the NTNAPRI protocol in the DMS.

Also in the DMS side I setup the NTNAPRI in the profname field as "SL1PROFL" in TABLE: LTDEF.

Here is my Meridian D-channel setup
ADAN DCH 15
CTYP MSDL
CARD 01
PORT 1
DES 1
USR PRI
DCHL 7
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC D100
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID **
RCAP ND2
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

Here is my RDB config

>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 14

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 14
DES PLEXUS
TKTP TIE
ESN NO
CNVT NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC D100
SBN NO
PNI 00000
NCNA YES
NCRD NO
CHTY BCH
CTYP UKWN
INAC NO
ISAR NO
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
DSEL VOD
PTYP PRI
AUTO YES
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
IANI NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8888
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
ANTK
SIGO STD
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096
TFD 0
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
FRL 0 0

PAGE 002

FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
CBQ NO
AUTH NO
TTBL 0
PLEV 2
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Here is my B_channel config
REQ: prt
TYPE:
AMLM024 05
tnb
TN 1 1
DATE
PAGE
DES

TN 001 01
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 14 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
ATDN 3075
TGAR 1
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID

had a simular problem with handshake, ld 96 stat serv.. may need the service msg's toggled. have in the past had to turn them up, other locations, same switch had to be down. also add rls id to your d, usually rls 31 works. i've never had that force one down but can cause pri 227 errors all day

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi johnpoole

When I did the stat serv in LD 96 the stat of the D_Channel was DSBL. Do I need to enable it? What is the command to enable the serv.

>ld 96
DCH000
.stat serv
DCH 015 SERV : DSBL

I really appreciate your help

THANKS!!!!

enl serv 15.. this may be the only problem.. be sure you dis the msdl and reload it with any software changes.. map dch.. will show the users on the msdl, dis 1 all, then enl msdl 1 fdl .. then sdl 100 codes are the ones you want.. takes about 5 minutes (max) calls in progress stay up, new calls cannot be processed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi johnpoole,

I enable serv already and chaged the RLS in LD 17. I still have the same problem. I also play around with the RLS from 26 to 37 and dis/enl the MSDL and DCH everytime I make a change. I don't have much luck in making B-channel works.

Do you have any PRI connecting to DMS 500 before? With the NI2 interface I don't meet this problem, but with IFC D100/D250 it really so hard for me to find the fix why I can't make the B-channel working.
Thanks for your response again. I'm really learning from you.
REgards

Did you try changing the trunks and RDB to DID?

I'll see if I can get a a copy of the DMS side of one of our switch configs...I can't remember if it's using ntnapri or not. My recollection is that when it's nortel-to-nortel, the sl1 flag is the issue, but I can't remember.

Hi Cpm23

Yes, I tried COT, DID and TIE, but nothing works. Any other ideas you had in mind to fix this problem please.

Hi jgideon,

In the DMS 500 I set the field PROFNAME to SL1PROFL with the ntnapri in Table LTDEF. I also tried the IFC S100 but I got the same problem when using the IFC D100.

This B-channel problem make me really crazy. I really don't know else I could adjust.

To cpm23 and jgideon ....THANKS for responding.

A friend of mine who's in translations at an un-named carrier has asked what is in your datafil for:
TRKGRP
TRKSGRP
LTDEF

?

Hi jgideon,

Here's the translation information in the DMS.
Thanks for your help

TABLE: TRKGRP
>fp;pos testcname1062
TESTCNAME1062 PRA250 0 NPDGP NCIT UCS MIDL NIL 0 NIL (ISDN 199) $ 0 5 3_1KHZ
16 $

>table trksgrp
TABLE: TRKSGRP
>fp;pos testcname1062 0
TESTCNAME1062 0 DS1SIG ISDN 15 15 87Q931 2 N YIELD NETWORK PT_PT USER N UNEQ
16 N NMDSP DTCI 13 8 24 64K HDLC $ $

TABLE: LTDEF
>fp;pos isdn 199
ISDN 199 B PRA 23 23 0 0 NTNAPRI V1 SL1PROFL (NOCMD ) (NOPMD ) $

>TABLE PRIPROF
TABLE: PRIPROF
>FP;LIS
PROFNAME VARINFO SWITCH
-----------------------
SL1PROFL NTNAPRI V1 (NOPIALRT) (XPLCTIID) (CIDXBIT0) (CSE27T47) (RMBCSE82) $
>

didn't know you were still having trouble, i'll post my config from my 81 back to a dms, if you enl serv 15 with no change, then do a dis serv 15, if it isn't the fix it can compound the problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Here's what she said:

In table TRKGRP we use VOICE_DATA for the BCNAME (instead of 3_1khz) and
NCRT for the NCCLS (instead of NCIT)
GLDUSHIO1150 PRA250 0 NPDGP NCRT UCS ASEQ NIL 0 NIL (ISDN 126) $ 0 4
VOICE_DATA 160 (JIP 714226) $

In table TRKSGRP we use DEFAULT for the PARMNAME (instead of NMDSP) and set
the location to PVTNET (instead of USER)
GLDUSHIO1150 0 DS1SIG ISDN 4 4 87Q931 2 N YIELD NETWORK PT_PT PVTNET N UNEQ
125 N DEFAULT SPM 9 45 24 64K HDLC $ (SPMECIDX 1) $

I believe this is how he would want table LTDEF to look:
ISDN 126 B PRA 23 23 12 11 NTNAPRI V1 SL1PROFL (NOPMD ) $

Of course all this depends on the switch software level and preferred
settings by the carrier.

Hope that helps

Try changing the DSEL prompt in your RDB to VCE instead of VOD. That works sometimes. Let me know

Hi jgideon,

Thanks for providing me more informations...it really helps.

What table does the "SPMECIDX 1" was defined? What are the parameters involved on this.

In table TRKSGRP we use DEFAULT for the PARMNAME (instead of NMDSP) and set
the location to PVTNET (instead of USER)
GLDUSHIO1150 0 DS1SIG ISDN 4 4 87Q931 2 N YIELD NETWORK PT_PT PVTNET N UNEQ
125 N DEFAULT SPM 9 45 24 64K HDLC $ (SPMECIDX 1) $

Regards

I'll ask her to confirm but I think that's the SPM echo canceler index to use--this PRI is served on an SPM instead of a DTCI card.

SPMECIDX 1 does refer to the SPM echo cancelers. Shouldn't have any impact on the datafill...

Hi jgideon,

I copied exactly the DMS paramaters you gave me an I still have the problem. Can you please take a look on my Meridian setup in the first part of the email if this is correct.

In the DMS side the b-channels are idle but once I BSY,RTS it will be back to IDL, and in few seconds (15 secs) it become LO (lockout). I also did the same thing in the Meridian (Option 11 C) I DSCH the B-channel and never come up anymore until it become LKOUT.

I am really desperate to fix this problem. It has been almost 2 months that I am working on this.

I appreciate any help from you to anybody who knows the Meridian or the DMS 500.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back