Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem in loading records into the target table

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanti456

Programmer
Jun 29, 2004
US
I have a problem in loading records into the target table.
My problem is, for ex: I have a source table by name A and target table by name B. I have a field in my B table by name FK which is foreign key to that table. This filed is not there in A table. Except this everything is going to B table from A table. But to populate FK in B table, I am doing lookup on another table by name C (lookup table) and retrieving the PK field, which is primary key of C table values into the FK field of B. for this in lookup transformation I am passing N (names) filed value of A table into lookup transformation and comparing N field value with the N1 field vale of C table, if the condition true retrieving PK value of C table and populating that value into FK value of B table. My problem is when I check the data in the target table after loading data, it is showing me different values.
In detail. If in C table the PK field values are
It is populating into FK field of B table as
Only few values it is populating with some different value, where as the next records it is populating properly. Anybody has experience like this before?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Looking at your question , It seems your lookup is not working properly. Chck conditions of lookup.

-Hitesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back