Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in installing in IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

delpisaro

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
HK
I installed PHP 4.3.3 into windows server 2000 to run PHP in IIS, but i found some problem in running PHP. I wrote a form and submitted to the form itself. However, I can get the data submitted by PHP. For example, I have an input box in the form named "abc", but after submission, I can get back the variable $abc. I tested the program in Apache, it run normally. I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks for any help.

hmmm... I don't know what your problem is when you write "However, I can get the data submitted by PHP. For example, I have an input box in the form named abc, but after submission, I can get back the variable $abc". But I assume that you wanted to write "I can't get back...." so if your form method is set to POST, then try to access the variable like $_POST['abc'] and similarly if the method is GET for your form, try to access the variable like $_GET['abc']. If this works, you have your PHP set to register globals off...

Isapi or CGI module of PHP from IIS does not fully work ok, i would recomand using only Apache.
For example i could conect to an MySql server from IIS with PHP as CGI nor with PHP as Isapi.

________
George, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back