Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem in identification of Menu items

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravuri

Programmer
Dec 28, 2006
US
Hi,
I have a problem in identifying the menu items in my application with QTP(8.2+.net addin). this is a customized .net application.
while recording with QTP, the menu items are identifying as 'SwfObject'class and the selection of each menu item recognized with x,y coordinates using 'Click' Property.
For Example, If I select the 'File' Menuitem in the MainMenu then the statement recorded as :

SwfWindow(<appln name>).SwfObject("SwfObject").Click x,y

I am unable to get the selected menuitem text using the properties of 'SwfObject' class.
Could you please let me know the property with which I get the selected menuitem text.

Expecting response as soon as possible

Thanks in advance

Probably you are not using correctly the .net add-in because you can not see the .net objects.
Try to select the add-in in the script settings, or adjust the Object Identification in Tools menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back