Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in detail section

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITeC

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
GB
HI,
My requirement is like this..
i am using multiple tables on a report and i am sending a parameter to retrive the data, which is a common field in all tables.i have divided detail section into two parts
(detail-a, detail-b).my requirement is to display all the records of the detail-a first and then all the records of the detail-b section and then next detail section records so on...
but when i tried this, my report is displaying one record from each detail section(a,b,,) and then second record..

please suggest me the exact way to solve this problem
thanks

can you make a group somehow...what distingishes detail(a) from detail(b). Make that into a group surrounding the detail section....still keep detail(a) and (B) if the look is to be different but then suppress one section while you print the other

If that doesn't help you...give us more info on the data

Jim

thanks u for ur response
my table structure is like this
1.tblCityTransport(city_id,transport_type,desciption)
2.tblHospital(city_id,hospital_name,description)

the above two tables contain many rows for single city_id.so when i pass the city_id value it should disply all matching records from tblCityTransport and then all matching records from tblHospital.
REGARDS

This is a standard case for two subreports. The first would contain only the transport records and the second would contain the hospital records. The only data you would need in your main report is the city id(which could just be a paramter)

if i insert two subreports i think i cannot insert detail section after that.but i need to take data from many tables based on the parameter.in all tables city_id is the common column
any ideas

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back