Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in Customizing Notes/History Report Template (ACT! 6.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D2C3PO

Technical User
Mar 3, 2007
US
I am the Admin of a shared database in ACT! 6.0. The database resides on a Windows 2000 server while we users are accessing the database from our desktops which are running Windows XP. The database has about 24,000 records out of which only 9,000 have Notes/History. If I go to Reports menu and run 'Notes/History', I would get a report for just the 9,000 records which is correct. But, that report does not list the Record Manager in the detail field. So, one who looks at the report can not know who entered the Notes (which is very necessary when there are multiple users). So, I went to 'Edit Report Template' and edited notehis6.rep to add RecordManager field to the detail. It worked except that the new report listed all 24,000 records (when I wanted the report with only the 9,000 records which have Notes). Then I put the original template back and found that even if I do a minor touch to the report template (like moving any field to the left or right), the report would then list all contact records even if most of them have no Notes.

In short, my question is this: How to modify Notes/History Report Template (notehis6.rep) that comes with ACT! 6.0, without losing its ability to list only the records which have some Notes/History.

Thanks in advance for anyone who try to help! I would be happy to buy lunch or dinner if you solve the problem!

Did you sae the report with the same name? Some ACT! 6 reports have hard-coded functionality built in that depends on the report name (save a back or the report to another name so you can restore easiy if needed)

You might also have a look at Crystal Clear Reports for ACT! 6. It adds heaps of customisable reports that can not be created in the ACT! report writer:

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
For ACT! by Sage and ACT! for Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back