Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in BOE 11 with Access reports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2005
US
I usually run reports against DB2 or SQL Server, all work great, but am trying to do one against Access now, it runs fine in the CR designer but when I publish it it either fails the login or asks for it, I put in "admin" for the user, no password, as that is how the Access db is set up and everything else logs into it that way fine. What am I doing wrong??

If more than 1 goose are geese, why aren't more than 1 moose meese??
[censored][censored][censored]

When you pointed to the Access database in the report did you use a UNC path or a drive letter?

you should use UNC, as in:

\\machine\path...

You also didn't state HOW you connect, direct, odbc, or?

Try using ODBC and the UNC pathing.

-k

Thanks Synapse, I used UNC, I also tried creating a DSN and used that, also tried putting the connection string directly in the report, tried ODBC and OLEDB, all methods work in CR just not in BOE, even when I tell it to prompt to login it won't accept it...aggravating!

Hi,
In BOE be sure the servers are running under an account that has rights to the directory where the Access database is located..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Turk I think that is the problem, as a test I put the Access db on my local drive and the report works fine from there, thanks, I shall now wrestle with the permissions monkey..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back