Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in Audix

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsthephoneguy

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
Hi All,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my audix system...

Some of the ports will answer a call but do nothing with it, basically hanging the caller.

I did a shut down of the system, and when shutting down the voice system I noticed that some of the services apparently weren't running.

After the reboot the problem persisted. I also can no longer access the system via TCP/IP (although the board responds to ping requests).

Any ideas?

TIA,
Steve

is your hunt group configured correctly? can you dial the voice ports individually and do they answer?

Colby,

There was no change in the programming, but I have not checked each extension...I'll give that a shot.

is this an Intuity audix , or Definity audix? If it is Definity, you can have something that was programmed incorrectly for years and all of a sudden it stops working correctly, all stations on the switch side related to the audix need to have the translations checked, and most commomly you will find an incorrect COS is being used, the coverage path is incorrect, or one of the 5 pages were administered wrong, this a bigger problem in DP mode than CL mode

Can you ping FROM the Intuity Customer/Sevices - Diagnostics - TCP/IP option TO the CLAN board and other network devices on the same subnet?

The analog port config sounds like a possibility as well, but check the alarm log in the Intuity as well as the Voice System Administration - Voice Equipment status and settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back