Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Impromptu save as *.csv

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMPADMIN

Technical User
Nov 11, 2003
NL
Impromptu 6.1
When I want to save a report with very a large output as a *.csv then I get a Dr. Watson message and Impromptu crashes. After that it's impossible to open Impromptu and I have to install Impromptu again.
Does anyone know this problem ???

I export quite a wide range of csv files and I've not encountered this. How big is 'very large'? Does it work if you 'cut' the file into smaller sections? Could there be a rogue control character somewhere in the file that causes the crash?

If you haven't already reported this to Cognos, I suggest you do so, becaause this sounds like a bug.

Hi Impadmin,

I think it has been a problem with Impromput 6.1 exporting to *csv.
This issue has been reported as bug and there is a fix for that you can download the newer version of IMP from Cognos website.

Good Luck

Shoteck

Shotech,

can you tell me where I can find the reporting of this bug ?? Can't find it anywhere on the Cognossite.

Thanx.

I've found that you only find out about bugs when one logs an issue with Cognos. They do not seem to have a nice, handy listing of bugs. Sure would be a nice thing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back