Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Importing Access tables via DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelandrew

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2001
US
Getting 'Workgroup file is missing or opened exclusively by another user' error when trying to use dts on access db. I can open the mdb just fine through access. It is on my machine so no one else could have it open. I close it before attempting the import. Any ideas?

I had the same problem but didn't get much response from the group and didn't have time to fiddle with it. It was a one-shot, so I just exported text from Access and imported the text into SQL Server. I've also had success exporting from Access into an SQL database using ODBC. The former method has the advantage that you cannot experience an ODBC failure 90% of the way through a big transfer.

However, I think the key to the problem is that I could find no way to show SQL Server or ODBC the location of the applicatble workgroup information file. Perhaps SQL Server or ODBC always presents Admin credentials for the default SYSTEM.MDW file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back