Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem implementing Script Callback (ASP.net 1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eguthrie

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
I'm trying to implement a callback in Asp.net 1.1. When I do a simple test it works correctly, so I know I have all the pieces in place.

The problem I'm having is in the RaiseCallBackEvent method in the server code. Since there is no postback, how do I access textbox values changed on the UI? For instance, there's a textbox called 'Phone'. If I enter a new value, then click the button that triggers the callback, then try to get the changed value.

I've tried getting the values for Phone.Text, Request.QueryString"Phone"], and Request.Form["Phone"],and all return null values. In fact, I don't even get the original value. The Request.Form & Request.Querystring don't contain any values.

Also, before triggering the callback, I have a dataset stored in cache. But when I try to access the cached dataset within the RaiseCallbackEvent method, it also returns null.

Can someone please tell me how to gain access to these objects during a callback?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Evelyn

eguthrie: until someone drops in with an idea or two on this I did a cursory review date restricting a search at Google Groups using "RaiseCallBackEvent" and saw a handful of post dealing with what looked like a similar issue. One of these posts seemed relevant (Click here). Post a bit of code here as well and it will help someone coming by further develop the issue. Might have to do with postback details - might be able to impliment javascript, etc. Post back a bit of code showing the relevant secions and someone here will take a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back