Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem: How to export histogram data and threshold values to excel fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyMD

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
US
Hi,

I'm a researcher/physician at University of Pennsylvania and I'm trying to create an automated process for analyzing my microscope images in Photoshop.

I've already recorded an action that will filter a picture as I want and threshold it using menu--> image--> adjust --> threshold... --> 70

But then I have to manually bring up the histogram and count the number of black pixels and record that number manually in an excel file next to a cell containing the threshold value I used to get those pixels. I want a range of thresholds between 70 and 90 and I want photoshop to automatically export the threshold used and the number of black pixels into an excel file (or into a text file for that matter). I have no idea how to do this. I'm running Photoshop 6.0 on windows xp. Someone help ease the pain!

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back