Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Getting from Word-Document Link to the Linked Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsquared18

Technical User
Jun 10, 2001
US
Hello,

In a Word 365 document on her Windows 10 desktop PC, My wife has placed a hyperlink to a website. When she clicks on the link, she gets the following message:

browser_problem_nsy51i.jpg

On the other hand, if she opens the link directly from Google Chrome, it works (i.e., there is no advisory message).

She has gone to a site that tells her the status of Google Chrome, and it says her browser is up to date.

Interestingly, when on my computer I click on that link in that Word document, it goes to the website as it should instead of showing the advisory message my wife receives. Our PCs are very similar, running Windows 10 and using Word 365.

Any thoughts?
Bill

You would have to double check that your default browser is Chrome for opening that exact html extension. Odds are it isn't trying to open in Chrome when you click on the shortcut.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

I'm with DrB0b - sounds like wrong browser is being launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back