Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem fixing native monitor resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedsmith

Programmer
Nov 23, 2000
AU
I have an odd slight problem.
I have a computer feeding the same pix to 4 large outdoor high brightness monitors through a 4 way VGA splitter.
The monitors are 1366x768
The Nvidia Video card is the latest high performance capable of much more and I am using Win7pro32

The problem is that the splitter does not echo back the monitor resolution so the video card thinks it is connected to the maximum the splitter is capable of (1600x1200).

I can force the Windows to 1366x768 but it is still sending out native 1600x1200 rescaled to fit the edges of the screen. I know this sounds odd but both the card properties and monitor OSD report this is true when powered up.

The picture fills the screen correctly but is a bit blurry and jitters occasionally because the Monitor is just on the verge of being out of range. Direct connection between the computer and monitor is perfect and shows the correct native resolution of 1366x768

Is there any API that can force a video card's native resolution settings and not just the Windows properties setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back