Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROBLEM each time i boot my pc and when i access sites running Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueMan

ISP
Jun 13, 2000
NG
i receive this message <br><br>&quot;This page provides potentially unsafe information to an ActiveX control. Your currnt security settings prohibit running controls in this manner. As a result, this page may not display correctly.&quot;<br><br>each time i bootup or reboot my system and when i access sites running Java. On research i thought my &quot;Msjava.dll&quot; file that come with my &quot;Microsoft Java VM&quot; has been corrupted and i downloaded the latest from microsoft and installed but the problem didn't go away. Has anyone experience this before and how was it solved?<br><br>

I'm not sure if this might help, you can try to install Norton System Works or similar software and run the Norton system check, it might help you find the problem and fix it.&nbsp;&nbsp;I had recieved the ActiveX control error messages before, which caused my browser crashed everytime when I opened the brwoser, and I run the Norton system check then the problem was fixed.

I think your problem may be in your internet options. go into the control panel and into internet options. go under the security tab and hit custom level down at the bottom then look through here for the activeX control settings and your problem may be in here. Hopefully this helps.

Hello<br><br>I think that you may be correct ladin.&nbsp;&nbsp;Especially if your desktop is set to view as a web page, that may be why it is causing it at start-up.&nbsp;&nbsp;Another thing that you may want to check is to delete your cookies, temporary internet files, and downloaded program files.&nbsp;&nbsp;If something is corrupt in those it may be causing this also.<br><br>Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back