Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem e-mailing from Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2002
US
If I open a pdf file from a website using Acrobat 5.0 full version, then try to send the document by clicking File>Send Mail it does create an e-mail in Outlook with a pdf file as an attachment, BUT I cannot do anything else in Outlook until I send the e-mail.

I have Acrobat preferences set to NOT display PDF in Browser, if I change this setting I can then everything works. (I can open a PDF file from the web in IE, and click File>Send>Page by E-mail, it opens an Outlook message with a pdf attachment, which I can minimize and then work in Outlook without sending the message right away)

Does anyone know if there is a way to have Adobe not display PDF in Web browser, and also be able to open pdf files from web, and attach them to e-mail without making Outlook inaccessible until the message is sent?

BTW if I save the pdf locally this problem does not occur, only when opening directly from web.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back